Just wrapped up a couple projects using ASP.NET MVC 5. There’s been significant progress made by Microsoft on their MVC framework. Last time I used ASP.NET MVC was in the 2.0 days, and man was it rough. Some of the things that stood out:
- C# 5.0 makes data manipulation a much smoother process
- VS 2013 is worlds better than the 2003/2005 days
- ASP.NET Identity Management is much improved
- Bootstrap UI support is great if you need it
- Bundles are much easier to incorporate
- ASP.NET MVC Filters are great!